Pages

Monday 4 February 2008

Mastering basics....

Tonight I decided it was time I mastered basic cards, with stamping!!! I call them basic cards simply because I am not following instructions, cutting at angles and measuring for all I'm worth. In saying that I find the 'basic' cards harder to do because you need to envisage the end result from a blank piece of card!

So out came the blank card (still no scoring blade, so these were premade white/cream blank cards). Then out came the pizza box full of papers I hadn't found a use for (yet!). To my extreme pleasure I came across have a pack of Basic Grey Blush!! YAY!!! Love that particular collection, it has to be my all time favourite (apart from Figgy Pudding!!!)

Anyhoo... back to the cards. The first card was thought about, thought about some more, pieced together, taken apart, pieced back together differently and after about 40mins I came up with a card I liked. WooHoo, my first 'basic' card... and I stamped sucessfully!! And it just got better and better after that. Ideas sprang to mind, stamps were flying and I actually used my markers for the first time (I bought them last Oct!). I got that 'into' it that I made my last (#5) birthday card of the night in about 10mins and 5mins of that I was searching for the right shade of cardstock! Then I got a long overdue Thank You card done!!

So I 'm LOVING stamping right now! I'm LOVING my markers and I'm wondering what in the heck I was afraid of all this time!!

Pics tomorrow, I want good light for them!! :D

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

Stamping - terrfic. Design - fantastic. I'd say you've mastered the basics. :)

Sheila said...

I can't decide what card I like best. I think we all need to go back to basics from time to time. It's fun.

Sheila said...

I have a new stamp for ou I just know you'll use on a card!

Sandie said...

Oh wow Sheila, if it's the one I'm thinking of I will most certainly be using it.. over and over and over and over.. lol!

You are the best!