Pages

Thursday 13 May 2010

ABC Challenges & Paperplay .. and a DT call reminder.


Hello, well at this point I think I'm NEVER gonna shift this cold that I'm fighting all week and I'm getting impatient to feel better. However, the thud of my hAnglars being dropped in the letterbox yesterday cheered me right up!!! Love these stamps and am thrilled to have finally got some of them :)

 First up  - Just a quick reminder that the DT call on Stampin' for the Weekend ends tomorrow, May 14th. If you would like to join our team for a 6 months term then drop us a quick email to sftw2010@aol.com so that Jan or myself can visit you.

(a day late due to a few hiccups)
The theme for this challenge is "U for Unused Stash".. yeah, we all have some!! I have loads of 'unused' on my card...

...the mountains of BG 12x12's that I've accumulated and never got around to using....


...the rolls and rolls of American Crafts ribbon I have. It's in a box at the back of the cupboard so I rarely think of it.....

.... and the Sugar Nellie stamp. It's called Reflective, isn't it just so pretty??!!.. I used copic markers to colour and my colourless blender to do the 'grass'. My flowers have been inked and stickled and I've also added stickles to the flowers in her hair. The DREAM ticket is from Tim Holtz.

I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday, so am entering this card into their challenge :)



I did 2  projects for PaperPlay this week. Our theme was set by Julie and she wants to see "Brown & ... a colour/colours of your choice" 

I did a layout of my husband. The photo isn't great as he took it on his phone, lol, but I love it. I have a big pack of Jolee's Boutique firefight stickers but I'm soooo not a sticker person so I just used a number plate as the title. I really like  how the whole thing came together.

(more details of this layout on my scrappy blog)

Out of my leftover papers I made my first ever hAnglar card. I stitched it as I did on the layout. The sketch came from Friday Sketchers. To celebrate their 2 year Anniversary they are also having a special, fun blog hop! Be sure to check it out. There are prizes up for grabs on each of the DT's blogs as well as on the Friday Sketchers blog.


I coloured using copic markers but used my colourless blender with them to give the distress ink look. I am playing around with my camera settings (and yes, reading the manual, lol !!) as I'm finding I'm not getting true colours. The edges of my image are more defined IRL and the colours are bolder. Anyhooo, I'll get there.. I mean I only have the camera 2yrs.. and still haven't read the manual!

I stamped the hearts and inked the edges. The heart stamp is also from a hAnglar kit. They are mounted on 3D foam dots and I've added stickles around the edges. The birthday sentiment is from a sheet of die cuts called In Circles Sentiments. 

Phew!! That's it from me today. I will be back tomorrow with another DT card. 
Have a great day
Sandie

7 comments:

SemSee said...

Gorgeous cards, Sandie! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Sem x

Kimmi said...

Beautiful creations Sandie. I love the layout with your hubby on. Hes a bot of a dish in his uniform *wink wink* :)

Have a fab weekend

Kimmi x

Deirdre said...

Sandie, fab LO... love it. Love your hAnglar too..... FAB... Lucky you.

Kimmi said...

Just saw that you won Jacques Candy and also at Simon Says Stamp - you won one of their exclusive stamp sets. Congrats - What a great week for you!

Hugs

Kimmi xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful Cards! I love them both!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs Tanja

Nilla said...

Love it all! Everything is just perfect as usual! You´re the best! Have a great weekend! Hugs Nilla

Heather said...

Fabulous creations Sandie, love the beautifully coloured Reflective (she has to be one of my all times favourites), stunning colours and papers and perfect sentiment.
Fabulous Hanglar boy again stunning papers and fabulous details. (Still awaiting mine!!!)
Love the layout of your DH and perfect embellies.
hugs Heather xx