Pages

Saturday 27 November 2010

CES Challenges - Vintage Christmas

Good morning. We have SNOW!! Well it's only a sprinkling but we still have some :D It's so pretty to look at but man is it cold. The kids asked me to light the fire as downstairs is so much cooler than upstairs in this house, lol. I'm thinking it's a movie & crafty day :D

  This week's challenge on CES Challenges, as chosen by Jen, is

Vintage Christmas

Vintage really used to take me out of my comfort zone but I am slowly learning to LOVE it. 


I used a mix of papers - My Mind's Eye "I Believe" and Pink Paislee "Father Christmas". All of my papers have been distressed with my scissors and inked with Antique Linen .

The beautiful ribbon is by East of India. I just adore their ribbon, the quality is second to none. Unfortunately I'm almost out and the store I used to get it from no longer carries it :( So I you know of somewhere that does carry it AND ships to Ireland please do let me know!!


I also made this card to enter into Cardz n Scrapz forum challenge, which ended yesterday. They wanted to see Lace, Paper Pleating and Distressing. I think I got them covered, lol. And I'm entering the Simon Says Stamp challenge - "Let it Snow"

The prize for this challenge is a set of ''Father Christmas'' 6x6 papers by Pink Paislee.


Have a wonderful Saturday!!
Sandie
xXx

12 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card hun, I love the lace & flower looks great!
hugs shell xxx

Liz said...

Stunning lovely card

Liz xx

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card Sandie. I love the Santa image, just gorgeous :)

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card hun the lace is sooo pretty & I luuurrrvvve the papers.. they look gorgeous.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card hun the lace is sooo pretty & I luuurrrvvve the papers.. they look gorgeous.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandie :-) I love the vintage look ,, I am useless at it !! well done :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWW Sandie I am so in love with this beautiful vintage style card, the papers, image and that concertina flower look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Holy smokes! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the fab image too.
luv
Debby

Julie said...

Hi Sandie - this is divine!! So perfectly vintage! Great colours and a beautiful layout!! Juliexx

kaylou said...

super gorgeous hun, love all the embellishments.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

DeeDee said...

Fabulous!! You did vintage very nicely.