Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Inky Impressions Challenge - Christmas!!!

Hi!! Today marks my first challenge as a Guest Inkette on Inky Impressions. I am delighted to be on this fabulous team and hope I can provide a little inspiration for my term. 

For the first challenge - Christmas - all of the DT are using the digi "Rachel's Gingerbread Christmas".


I used last year's BG Eskimo Kisses papers  with both red and green cardstock. I coloured my image using copic markers - too many to list, lol. All of my flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. 

I used MS cornice punch to do the border on along the side of my image. The doily, which is slipped behind the image has been inked with distress ink and stickled with star dust -  I love how the stickles takes in the colour of the distress ink.


The ribbon is by East of India, the reindeer charm is one I picked up at the NEC and as always, I've added some pearls :)

This challenge will run for 2 weeks, so you have until noon (eastern time) on December 14th to play along HERE.

I am entering this card into the ABC Christmas Challenge - Yuletide.

Have a wonderful day!
Stay warm
Sandie
xXx

17 comments:

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Very nice Sandie! I just made a card using the same DP. Just love BG. That stamp is huge so I know that coloring probably took some time. Beautifully done.
Blessings from Georgetown~
Leslie Avila

Joey said...

Sandie this is beautiful, I really love the black matting, one of my fave things to use on cards lol Joey.x

Anonymous said...

Sandie, this is just gorgeous!! I love those yummy papers and your coloring is just amazing!! Stunning details and way to go on the challenge!!HUGS

Pauline said...

Gorgeous! Makes me want to go get my christmas tree!

Alberto said...

Wonderful creation, sweetie!!!
So glad to have fun with you, with this challenge!!
Love this card so much, expecially the colors and the details!!

Hugs, ALbert

CraftyC said...

I love your card Sandie, such a sweet image and a touch of vintage, love it!
Clairexx

Deborah Frings said...

Sandie - this is such a lovely image, very vintage in colour and look. I love it!!

Tanya said...

Beautiful card Sandie. Everything is perfect!!!

Giò said...

Fabulous card with a lot of lovely details. I am happy to enjoy with you at the same DT and congrats for your GD at Whiff of Joy team, welcome on boad dear!!!
Hugs, Giò

Lorraine Mcneil said...

Sandie, this is awesome. I love the black layer. It just makes your card pop. You've done a fabulous job. I love it.
Hugs. Lorraine xxx

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous card Sandie, love all your beautiful layers, pretty flowers and the charm is just perfect! Take CareX:)

Deirdre said...

Congrats on the guest inkette job... LOVE your card.

DeeDee said...

Love the punch, and the coloring on this card is stellar!

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Sandie stunning! lovely image,colouring and details,hugs Liz xx

Jayne Hayward said...

You have used an absolutely beautiful image and coloured in lovely. Adore the colours of the dp too.

Thanks for joining in with us over on ABC Christmas Challenge

Jayne xx

Sammi said...

Sandie this is so beautiful!!
LOVE it!!
Sammi
xx

Carissa said...

Such a beautiful card. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge. Hugs, Carissa