Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps May Blog Waltz


Good morning!! It's the 17th of the month and that means only one thing - Waltzingmouse Stamps monthly blog waltz!!! All you need to do is make a card/project with a masculine theme,  and post a link to  it on the forum here.

  Full details of the montly waltzes can be found HERE.

I made a card for my 7yr old son who only a week ago sat on our driveway crying and insisting that he couldn't cycle his bike -  and now he's doing 3 mile bike trips with his dad and he's in the local cycling club!!


The stamps I've used on my card are from the Free Spirit Boy and Free Spirit Sentiments sets. The papers are Basic Grey Origins and they've been stitched onto black card. As it's a boy card and I couldn't add a gazillion flowers to it I just added some twine to embellish, lol. 

Well that's it from me, don't forget to check out what the rest of the Waltzingmouse DT ladies have created. 

Have fun!
Sandie
xXx

18 comments:

Kary said...

Hi Sandie, your card is so sweet!! Perfect for a little boy. Love your sewing and that cute bicycle image.

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the story behind your card - and the card is terrific!! I actually thought you'd stamped and coloured real graph paper (geek in me!!). Love the texture in the string!

Congrats to your little guy on learning to ride!!

Joanne Gilch said...

Wonderful card..texture all over. Tell your little man that I am so proud of him...3 miles and the cycle club...WOW!!!

Bonnie said...

Great idea Sandie! I love it!

Jenny said...

Beautiful card - as always.

Cassie_lu said...

love how it is spotlighting the bike and the overall look of the card. What an amazing accomplishment your son achieved.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fabulous card for your son!! Love the dp, sewing and fabulous sponging around the bicycle medallion!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty, Sandie! I love the story and the papers, stamp, and sentiment are perfect for a guy card! Love it!

Bumblebee said...

This is such a cute card, and great use of stamps. That bike is great!
I'm sure your son will love it!

Julia Aston said...

Great design Sandie! love the twine, the bike and great sponging!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Very nice Sandie - I like this color combo a lot. Cute little bicycle image in the middle too.

Karen B. said...

Oh I must get me this set! Love what you've done with it here, the stamps are perfectly placed!

Cyndie said...

Great card! I swear, that medallion looks exactly like leather! Well done!

LaurieJ said...

What a great card for your son. He'll love it! The simple focal point and sentiment are perfect.

Lee said...

What a great card for your son. Your stitching is perfect and I love your use of twine and inking.

karen h said...

Cool card. I love the way you did the inking inside the stitched circle.

snowbear said...

Your card has a definite guy feel to it!! Good job!

Deirdre said...

Darn, bought the spirit boy set and not the sentiments... darn! Stop ENABLING!!!!!!!!! seriously... STOP!! LOL!!! Adore this card. Congrats to your son.