Pages

Saturday 11 June 2011

Basic Grey Challenges & Colour Me Creative

Good afternoon and happy Saturday!!

I have 2 cards to share today. The first one is my very first DT sample for Colo{u}r me Creative {I have to spell colour with the U -  it's too strange otherwise, lol. }




 The theme for this challenge is Brunette.

There is a fabulous prize for the randomly chosen winner:

-3 Copic Markers -or- Refills of your choice
and
-$20 Gift Certificate to 7 Kids College Fund


I've chosen to use a Magnolia Tilda and  went with E71, 74 & 77 for my brunette colours. My papers are Basic Grey Offbeat, matted with a dark brown and a cream cardstock. I've machine stitched all of my papers.


The flowers and pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the organza ribbon is from my stash. 

Challenges:
Fairy Tale - 3 papers, 3 pearls & ribbon
Oldie But Goodie Challenge - Lots of Layers
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes


**********************************

Next is the card I made for Basic Grey Challenges and this fortnight we'd like to see HOT PINK, LIME GREEN & BROWN/KRAFT.  I seriously had an 'eeeeeeeek' moment when I read what the challenge was but I love how the colours go together. 


The image I chose for this one is a hAnglar & stAnglar and I've coloured it to match the theme of the challenge. The papers are Basic Grey Sweet Threads matted on pink and lime green cardstock, all machine stitched. The acetate doily behind my image was sent to me by my friend Dee2. The sentiment stamped onto kraft card is from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


Challenges:
Fabulous Friday - Stitching.
Divas by Design - Florals
A Spoonful Of Sugar - Summer - Colours, images etc
Anita Be Stampin' - Go Crazy with Layers

Thanks for dropping by! 
Have a wonderful weekend
Sandie
xXx

23 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow Sandie they are both so gorgeous hun..! love the colouring on both and beautiful layouts too sweetie......!

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

Maria Therese said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!

Nela said...

Hi, two gorgeous cards, with lovely images & colouring!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Sandie, I love thes papers, may have to have a little treat.
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Unknown said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!!! Thanks for stitching with us at Frosted Designs this week!!

Berry said...

Stunning cards Sandie I adore your colour combos and sweet images thanks for playing at creative card crew and Divas this time hugs Rebekah xx

Debs said...

Two gorgeous cards Sandie
Beautiful colouring and fab papers on both.
Thanks for joining us at An Oldie But Goodie this time and good luck.
Debs xx

Audrey said...

Thank you for your beautiful summer card!

Heather said...

Hi Sandie, stunning card, brilliant use of the colours and your little hAnglar girl is adorable....great stitching!!
hugs
Heather xx

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Both cards are lovely,Thanks for joing us over at Fairy tale Challenge this week,good luck!
hugs
Doreen

Agnieszka M said...

Your cards are stunning!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Bianca said...

You have made two so lovely card! I don´t know whats my fav one! Thank you for joning us at fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Nicolchen said...

your card is so wonderful...I love the colors you´ve used and your coloration is fantastic :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at lho ;0)

Hugs Nicole

DesignerDiva said...

Two fab cards both equally gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Jenny said...

Deine Karten gefallen mir sehr gut. Schöne farben, tolle Motive.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. LG Jenny

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, I love them both! Beautiful coloring and love the bright, fun colors!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope to see you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done cards!! Thank you for participating in our challenge this week at Frosted Designs :)
Melissa

sara said...

this is gorgeous i love those colours together really fresh and summery fab colouring as well thanks for joining us at lovely hAnglar only this week
hugs sara x

Julie said...

Two fabulous cards, Sandie!! Your colouring on both is flawless! Love your hanglar especially for BG and how you've stood her on the circlet of flowers!! Hugs, Juliexx

Anita said...

These are both so beautiful! Your coloring skills are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

Dangina Martinez said...

Both cards are just Fabulous! Love the vibrant colors!
Tons of hugs, Dangina

Anonymous said...

Hello
wow this is sweet, this is an amazing card. The design and colors are stunning.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
* Karla **

PokSa said...

Beautiful card. Fantastic paper.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra