Pages

Friday 10 June 2011

Make it Colourful - Cast your Shadow

Hi everyone!! A very quick post from me just to share a card I made for Make it Colourful. The challenge is to 'cast your shadow' onto the ground and objects.

I merged my 2 images - Notti and the treasure chest  - and had it coloured up for Make it Crafty's Facebook challenge - which is themed Favourite Colours {Teal & Mustard!!} - and then I created the background and shadows so that I could enter the Make it Colourful challenge.


The papers I've used are a mix of Karen Foster and.. I think... Once Upon a Time from DCWV. I've had them both for a long long long time. I matted them onto brown cardstock and machine stitched them down. My card base is kraft. 


For the sand I used E50 & 51 and for the shadows I used E53, blended out at the edges with E51. I also added shadow from Notti, the coins and the jewels on the sand. All of my metal embellishments are from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology range and the jute is from my stash.

Copics Used:
Skin - E00, 01, 11. R20
Hair - E42, 43, 44
Pants - BG70, 72 & 75
Shirt - YR21, 23, &24 with YR18 for the darkest areas. 
Treasure Chest - E31, 33, 35. C1, 3, 5 & 8. 
Treasure- Y02, YR 17, C1

Challenges:
Crafty Ann's - Use more than one image
Fabulous Friday - Stitching
Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes
Wags 'n Whiskers  - Masculine
Craft Us Crazy - Father's Day and/or masculine colours/theme
Just For Fun - Use at least one Tim Holtz product
Digistamps 4 Joy - Wings (2nd week)

18 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Sandie,really awesome.Gorgeous colours and details.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Ruby said...

WOW, what a FABULOUS card! It's so great to have you on the team over at CMC, looking forward to getting to know you better!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous! Love the sky you colored!

Zoechaos said...

Surprise surprise those TH embellishments work so well with those papers and very cute image. Love the hessian backing. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Renkata said...

Such a wonderful card.
Great colouring and such an amazing design.

ahlers5 said...

Your design is outstanding as well as the coloring. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers.
Diane

Caz said...

What a brilliant card...Thank you for joining us at Digistamps4joy and good luck...

Bunny GD DS4J

sam21ski said...

Fabulous card Sandie. Love how you've brought all the different elements together.

Thanks for playing along with JFF this week.

Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Janet said...

Lovely card,brilliant image.
Janet x

Unknown said...

This card is outstanding...I love every piece of it.

I look forward to seeing more of your work
Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs

Amanda

Neet said...

What a delightful image - love how you have married it up to the compass behind and the hessian behind that. Such gorgeous layering.
Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x

Unknown said...

OMG this is amazing! I love everything about it! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Charlene said...

Oh my...this card is just too adorable! Great coloring of that wonderful image...and I love the compass paper. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy ~ Charlene GD DS4J

kissinia said...

Great design. I love the use of different materials in your project. Many thanks for joining Frosted designs Challenge this week! Hugs, Kissinia

Dolly Daydreams said...

A great marriage of producs on here, love how you have combined such a pretty image with the hessian great work.

Marie

Leanne said...

O my!!I love this one! Gorgeous coloring and fantastic layout. Spectacular! :)

Geraldine said...

I love this card, your colouring is fantastic,