Pages

Thursday 16 June 2011

Tickled Pink Stamps, Make it Colourful & DT Whiff of Joy

Hi everyone!! It's been a sad week here. My son's friend lost his younger brother suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday. I've known the father's side of this family since I was a teenager and would have spent a lot of time with them. Having a son of the same age also makes it so hard to imagine what they are going through.

So today I'm playing catch  up with posting as I really wasn't up to blogging much this week.  Sorry, it's a long post :)

Over on Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge we have a fabulous sketch by Emma for you. I have used one of the gorgeous new Pinkettes - Lil Tom Boyz Faith.


My papers are My Mind's Eye, matted with dark brown cardstock and machine stitched. I've punched a border on white cardstock using the Martha Stewart Antique Lace punch. The tag behind the image the image reads the classic "What little girls are made of" verse. 


Copics - E00, 01, 11, 23, 25, 27, 31, 33, 35. R20. BG 13, 15, 18. C3, 5, 8. YR14, 18. G20, 21, 24.

Challenges - 
For Fun Challenges - summer or bright colors
Paper Shelter Challenge - punches and dies
Top Tip Tuesday - Open Challenge
Kenny K Krafty Girlz - Your Favourite Colour {Teal & Orange/Mustard}

Whiff of Joy DT

Next is a DT card for Whiff of Joy using one of the fabulous images from Elizabeth Bell's summer kit.  This little cutie is called Nr.1 Teacher & Sentiment and is available over on the Whiff of Joy store.



The papers I've used are by Bo Bunny, matted on light teal cardstock and machine stitched. To embellish I've used light mink seambinding, a Tim Holtz token & some yellow pearl brads. The background stamp behind my image is from the I love School set in the collection


Copics - E00, 01, 11, 42, 43, 44. R20, 22, 24. B00, 12, 14. Y00, 02, 11.

Challenges - 
Stars and Stamps Midweek Throwdown - no glitter - back to school
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
There's Magic in the Air - Pick 2 from: Flowers, Ribbon, Pearls/Gems and/or Die Cuts.


Finally, I have a coloured image to share that I did for Make it Colourful. The challenge is to colour with Blues. You can use any colouring medium, it does not have to be copics. 


This is a free image, I can't remember where I got it but I've had it for ages. I use images like these for practicing skin tones, flowers, foliage, etc with my copics... and I just LOVE the blue hair.

Copics - 
Skin - E00, 01, 11, 21.  
Hair/Butterflies - B00, 02, 12, 14
Clothes/Butterflies - RV55, 63, 66
Flowers - R20, 21, 22
Leaves - G20, 21, 24 & YG03, 05, 06.
Yellows - Y00, 06, 08

Thanks so much for popping in today. 
Sandie
xXx

22 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Sandie I know how you are feeling sweetie. My sons friend lost his fight against Leukemia when he was 12 my son was 11 at the time. Was the hardest thing i ever have had to do was tell him. He just couldn't understand because he had seen him the night before in the hospital sitting up in his bed. The hardest funeral I have ever attended :(

Your cards are amazing as always. Filled full of fabulous inspiration. I lurvs your WOJ that image is adorable and perfect for teacher gifts too.

Sending ya hugs

Ali x

CraftyC said...

Soo sorry to hear of your sad news Sandie. I do hope it hasn't impacted you or your son too much. But on a positive your cards are all gorgeous and beautifully coloured.
Hugs
Clairexx

Regan said...

Wow, you've been busy, Sandie! All three are fabulous! I simply adore the coloring of the Sweet Pea mermaid image! The blue is too cool! And of course Mud Pie Faith is super cute! Fantastic take on the sketch! :)
XX
Regan

Paula said...

Aww so sorry to hear about your sad news :( It can't be easy for anyone, a sad sad time :(
Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, always a joy to look at and take inspiration from beautiful :) xx

Unknown said...

My goodness Cindy!! Your work and coloring skills truly take my breath away!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I am so sorry for the family and for your family. Not an easy time for anyone. Your cards are lovely, my heartfelt prayers.

Sandy said...

Hi, I saw your card on MIM and popped in for a closer look, great image and colouring, a wonderful card, good luck in the challenge.
Sorry to hear your sad news - hope you are all coping ok,
Sandy

Linda said...

Beautiful cards, thanks for joining us at KKKG this week.. Hugs, Linda

Sandy said...

Love the sewing on your cards. Thanks for playing with us at There's Magic in the Air.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful cards and coloring Sandie! I'm sorry to hear your sad news, I hope you son will be okay.

Anonymous said...

Goodness me poor you! I too can relate to a young life lost... hugs to you and your family! and you friends family too!

You card for the Top Tip Tuesday this week is very lovely and I am glad you joined in! hugs Samantha

Lisa Jane said...

Fab cards - i love the little girl in the garden - so cute and pretty papers
Thanks for joining us at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Sue said...

2 fabulous cards and both gorgeous:)

Thank you for joining us at MMCS

JJ
xx

Unknown said...

What a lovely cards! Thanks for joining KKKG this week!

Hugs
Renata

Josephine said...

Fabulous projects - your colouring really brings the images to life.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at TPS......

Hugs
Judith

Judy Rozema said...

I am so sorry for your week. That is hard. But you have been very busy too with some fabulous designs! I do have to say I also love the blue hair! So glad you shared at Top Tip Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Wow these are fantastic, beautiful colouring and gorgeous papers. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

Kerrie said...

All cards are gorgeous...

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

sparklingblackrose said...

So sorry to hear your tragic news, I'm sure your support will help his family, my thoughts are with them.
Lovely collection of cards, very inspiring :-) Thank you for joining us at osaat this week, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT xxx p.s I have candy!

Cards By MI said...

Really wonderful bunch of cards. Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Cards By MI said...

Sorry to hear you news. Really sweet cards though. Take care. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie