Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps June SOAP - Day 1



Good morning and welcome to Day 1 of Waltzingmouse Stamps SOAP (stamp of approval parade). For the next 3 days we will be looking back over the wonderful stamp sets released in May and on Day 4 we will be rewinding to bring you some inspiration from an older set. 

May brought us the doily and who doesn't LOVE doilies!! Dainty Doilies Large and Dainty Doilies Small. These sets consist of full doilies that you just ink and stamp and also build-a-doily elements with which you can create your own patterns. 


For my card I used one of the full doily stamps from Dainty Doilies Large. I stamped onto white card using Tumbled Glass distress ink. With the smaller strip of white stamped card I ran it through the cuttlebug in the swiss dots embossing folder. I machine stitched it all down onto matching blue card, first punching a border with my MS lace punch. 

The sentiment I've used is also from one of the May release sets - Say it Loud. Again, I've used Tumbled Glass distress ink along with brown momento ink for the smaller words.  I've cut the sentiment out with the curved rectangle nestabilities. For the matting behind the sentiment I took the same die that I used on the sentiment, laid it on some blue card and traced along the outline of the outside of the die. Then I cut it out using my scissors. 


I've just used a  little lace, ribbon and a tiny boot charm to embellish.

Need a little more inspiration?? Here is the list of ladies who have created some stunning projects for you.


Sandie Dunne {Me!!}
Tosha Leyendekker

Have a wonderful day!
Sandie
xxx

17 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Such a gorgeous card - the soft blues and organza ribbon give is a real lightness of touch! I think the charm is so cute!

Penny said...

So pretty! What a great idea to draw around the die to make a matching mat - now why didn't I think of that? :) I will be trying that idea from now on so thank you!


Penny

Deirdre said...

Aaaaaaah, so sweet, love what you created Sandie.

Muckyfingers said...

That's beautiful Sandie :) Love it xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Stunning as always Sandie, love love love it

Ali x

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet baby boy card Sandie! that little boot charm is just adorable!

anya said...

So cute, Sandie! That charm is the perfect touch!

Maire Gamber said...

Beautiful card Sandie~

I wanted to say congrats and welcome to our Color Me Creative Challenge Design Team. I am so glad to have you on board. You do beautiful work and you will bring so much to our group!

Hugs,
Marie

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I love your colour combo!

Elaine said...

Gorgeous Sandie.
I never think to use my DI's to stamp with, just to colour with doh!!
(And I bought those sentiments and some others too..oh arm twister you are!)

Love Elaine xx

Laurie Marmon said...

What a sweet baby card! So cute!

Dangina Martinez said...

JUST DROPPED BY TO SAY HELLO AND IN DOING SO I FOUND A NEW DESIGN OF STAMPS I'D LIKE TO PURCHASE, LOL! YOUR CARD IS SO PRETTY. THE DOLLIES ARE GORGEOUS AND THAT CHARM IS SO ADORABLE!
TONS OF HUGS, DANGINA

Pauline said...

Beautiful baby card, these diolies are so versatile!

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful baby card you made. This is my favorite stamp set. This is also on my wish list.

Greetings Astrid.

LaurieJ said...

Your card is SO sweet. What a beautiful blue. And that little charm is a darling touch.

Niki Estes said...

So sweet!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this Sandie - your stitching is perfect that that metal charm is so precious. Awesome job.