Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

Father's Day 'Down Under' : No.1 Dad!

Happy Sunday Bloggers!! Today I have a quick card to share featuring one of Angie Delarie's images - No.1 Dad. This line of images reminds me so much of the movie Coraline because of the button eyes. Loved that movie - myself and my little one have snuggled together numerous times to watch it. 

It's now Monday in Australia but yesterday was Father's Day there. One tends to assume Father's/Mother's Day is on the same date around the world - NOT SO! lol. 


The brick wall embossing folder I used for the background was a bargain I came across in my local craft store. I was thrilled to find one, and at such a bargain price too.. a mere €2!!  At at 5" x 7, it's a bigger size than the rest of my embossing folders so I also snapped up a snowflake folder as this size is much better for the size cards I make. 


I trimmed out both the image and the sentiment and popped them up on 3D foam dots. To finish I simply added some black ribbon tied in a bow. 

Challenges - 
Touch Twin Markers and More - Photo Inspiration

Thanks for dropping by!
Sandie
xx

7 comments:

Sandra H said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh this is brilliant x

Leanne said...

I agree with Sandra... BRILLIANT!!

Anonymous said...

What shop did you get the embossing folders in? Great bargain!
Love the card too...perfect for a man.

Tonya said...

This turned out awesome. Fabulous coloring.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So cute sandie!!! A perfect fathers day card :)

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card!! Such a great image and fab coloring too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Vicki G said...

This guy is sweet too! Thanks again for playing with us!

Vicki