Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Keeping things Simple - Papermill Direct

Hi everyone! Today I have a few cards to share with you. 

With so many wonderful patterned papers out there to choose from we tend to under utilize our cardstock so I have made my cards using only card, dies, embossing folders, and minimal embellishments. And with the economy such as it is, and the ever tightening of our crafty budgets, using cardstock is also a much cheaper alternative to those expensive paper pads - you can still have amazing results.

On my first card I used Mocha Brown and Rich Cream card. I embossed the front panel leaving a little space at the bottom to add my sentiment, which I stamped out using Cocoa Brown ink. I then stamped and hand cut the heart which is from My Heart by Waltzingmouse Stamps and adhered it with 3D foam. Then I layered on the HUSBAND across the heart.

Anniversary -WMS

I used the same  supplies on my 2nd and 3rd card, but different colours and design. I used embossing folders, a border punch, dies (Bird on a Branch by Tonic Studios) and I added a little ribbon/pearls to keep them simple. The sentiment on both cards is from Waltzingmouse Stamps.

Mocha Brown, Rich Cream & Buff Kraft card
To emboss the background i used a brick wall folder, then added a layer embossed with the Swiss Dots folder. I punched out 2 borders and layered them on too. When I cut out the birds I then embossed those also, with a Music Note folder. The birds are adhered with 3D foam. The sentiment scroll is tucked between the two borders. To embellish I simply added some sateen ribbon tied into a bow.

Tonic - PMD

Black & White Hammered card
I kept this card really CAS. There is no embossing at all. The birds are on 3D foam, as is the sentiment scroll and all I added to the card was some 3mm white pearls.  Love the black and white elegance.

Tonic B&W - PMD

So there you have it, 3 very quick and easy cards using just cardstock and some other basic supplies. Simple, elegant and they won't break the bank ;)

Have a great day
Sandie

12 comments:

Sandra H said...

All of your cards are so lovely x

Tracy said...

Love love love these, colours are beautiful and the birds are fab. Xx

Barbara said...

Great cards, Sandie, as always......x

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards, shows off the card stock beautifully!

Mary J said...

All brilliant, Sandie! Love the first the most!

Heather said...

Such gorgeous cards! x

Heather said...

Fabulous cards x

LauraEva said...

WOW--What absolutely fantastic cards! I was looking for Anniversary cards, our Anniver. is tomorrow...these are great examples! THANK YOU!

Kelly D said...

Beautiful cards Sandi.
I love how you have done them, simple is sometimes the best!
Love working with papermill card as well.
Hugs
Kelly
xxx

DeeDee said...

Love the husband card!!

Sylvia said...

Popping over from the Papermill facebook page. Fabulous CAS cards, love the beautiful embossing on the first card and the difference in the two different coloured cards.

Sylv xx

Polly Pierce said...

C & s all the way baby. You rock!