Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

Blog Post Catch Up

Howdy all!! I'm starting to come out the other side of this illness/virus/whatevertheheck and finally have enough energy to concentrate on what I'm doing! Rather than cram my blog with posts I should have published over the past few days I'm going to cover everything in one fell swoop.. 

GDT project featuring Prom Girl, one of the new images for May. Such a sweet image. My papers are a mix of odd sheets I have in a box that I'm trying to use up. There is some My Mind's Eye and Kaisercraft in there - not really sure what else. To embellish I added some feathers, flowers and pearls. 

**************************

which was this sketch - 

and this is my take on it....

The stamps are from a new Mixed Media line but I think the Floor Plan is just perfect for New Home cards, so that's what I made. The papers are from Kaisercraft and My Mind's Eye. I added a key tied with twine and some black pearls to embellish. 

This weeks' theme is Stitch it Up - Use real or Faux Stitching. To be in with a chance of winning the monthly $50 prize just email your entry to Emily before Thursday each week. 

************************

Our Inspiration Friday theme this week was For a Special Lady and I altered one of the new Hinged Trinket Box (Small) The papers are again Kaisercraft and I cut the tickets from one of the papers.
 I die cut some Cherry Blossom flowers and the Cherry Blossom Branch, inked them and layered them down with a large Prima flower and a Key charm. Using an alphabet stamp I spelled out Treasures on the banner and adhered it with 3D foam. 

********************

This week's special offer is White Leather Embossed Card and I made a cute pair of Baby Shower Favour Shoes using a PDF template I got online. I cut it out with a scissors and rubbed Fired Brick distress ink into the card. Tucking the tabs underneath I then heat embossed clear embossing powder. (it's hard to adhere the tabs if you've heat embossed them.)


For the bottom of the shoes I rubbed Brushed Corduroy ink into the card. To secure the straps I added pearl brads. 


Phew... we're done and I managed to keep it pretty short and sweet. Now I am off for a hot date with Marty Deeks and NCIS Los Angeles :D  

Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for dropping by! 
Sandie
xXx

No comments: